- Concrete mixes shall be proportioned to be workable, capable of being thoroughly consolidated by the means of compaction available and to provide the specified strength of concrete. The concrete may be either ordinary grade, high grade or special grade as defined in NZS 3109.
- Unless instructed otherwise by the Engineer, the concrete used shall be supplied ready-mixed from a certified plant. In every case, the concrete production shall be in accordance with the relevant standards as follows:
- NZS 3104 Specification for Concrete Production - High Grade and Special Grade
- NZS 3108 Specification for Concrete Production - Ordinary Grade
- The strength of concrete shall be as specified on the approved drawings or within the contract specification.
Definitions in this section