The following shall apply:
- Irrigation of street gardens is generally not permitted because:
- Plants shall be of a type that require minimum maintenance.
- Of the ongoing maintenance of the irrigation system.
- Provision for irrigation during the establishment of plants is acceptable. This water use shall be metered and the cost borne by the developer.
- Council approval is required before the installation of any semi-permanent irrigation system. If this is approved the Designer shall apply and pay for a metered water connection for irrigation purposes which shall be bonded for removal/disconnection at the end of the landscape maintenance period.
- Permanent irrigation shall be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Definitions in this section