Smaller pump stations serving no more than 6 residential lots/dwellings are permissible. These pump stations shall:
- Remain in private ownership
- Be managed by a Body Corporate, Incorporated Society or other similar suitable ownership/management structure
- Be located on private property
- Not be vested in Council
- Be designed, constructed, operated & maintained to prohibit the general public coming into direct contact with wastewater.
- Not allow intrusion of stormwater & groundwater
- Provide for a minimum of 9 hours onsite emergency storage based on the average dry weather flow, measured between the first stage alarm level & the point of overflow. Storage shall be in a designed chamber.
- Be located in areas that are geotechnically suitable for the system proposed. This requires that no more than 10mm of settlement from the completed structure can occur & a safety factor of 1.25 against flotation is achieved.
- The design life for the pump station plant shall be: 50 years except for electrical & mechanical components which shall have a minimum of 15 years & telemetry equipment a minimum of 10 years.
Definitions in this section