The following shall also be considered as part of the design process:
- DS-9.5.1 Trenchless Technology.
- DS-9.5.2 Easements.
DS-9.5.1 Trenchless Technology
Trenchless technology may be preferred or required for alignments passing through or under:
- Environmentally sensitive areas.
- Built-up or congested areas to minimise disruption and reinstatement.
- Railway and major road crossings.
- Significant vegetation.
- Vehicular crossings.
Refer to CS-13 Trenchless Technology for information on trenchless technology installation.
Any network utilities that have alignment through land which is not owned by the Utility Operator shall require an easement in gross over that network utility.
Please refer to:
- DS-1.22 Easements
- DS-1.22.10 Easements: Network Utilities
Definitions in this section