- Council shall be notified in writing (includes email) by the Consent Holder's Representative or Engineer at least 2 full working days before the formal inspection/test is required. The request to undertake a formal inspection/test shall confirm that the work has been pre-inspected/pre-tested by the Engineer and Contractor and is ready for inspection by Council.
- The request for a formal inspection/test shall be made to the Council's Representative assigned to the project. Council will not respond to any request for inspection/test from any party other than the Consent Holder's Representative or Engineer or made to any other staff member other than the assigned Council's Representative.
- If no response is received within 2 full working days, the applicant shall call Council to check that Council has received the request. Works may proceed 3 working days after written notification has been sent to Council and no response has been received.
- Unless otherwise advised, all equipment required for the formal inspection/test shall be provided by the Consent Holder's Representative on-site and ready for use in the inspection. This includes any equipment required for confined space inspections. Where this equipment is not available on site then the inspection/test will be re-scheduled. An additional fee will be charged to the Consent Holder for Council to return to the site for the rescheduled inspection/test.
- Where Council is unable to attend a formal inspection/test, it may engage a third party to attend on its behalf. Where this occurs the applicant will be notified in writing, confirming what arrangements/reporting Council may require to certify that the works meet the required inspection/testing criteria. Once the required reporting has been received by the Consent Holder's Representative, Council will again notify in writing that the works may proceed.
- To arrange for Council to observe a formal inspection/test, please contact the Council's Representative via writing (email) or phone.
All telephone requests for observation require a written request as well.
Definitions in this section
Consent holder's representative