Please refer to IT-1 General Provisions for the procedure for initiating testing attendance by Council Representatives.
IT-7.2.1 Prior to Testing
The Contractor and Engineer shall be fully familiar with the test procedure and all test equipment shall be fully functional and compliant before initiating the final test with Council.
IT-7.2.2 Pressure Testing
Pressure testing shall be undertaken in accordance with Council's guideline document Testing of Pressure Pipelines.
IT-7.2.3 Water Supply Disinfection
- Disinfection of new mains shall be undertaken in accordance with the procedure on test sheet TS-7.2 Disinfection Mixture.
- All results and comments shall be recorded on test sheet TS-7.2 Disinfection Mixture.
- If the test passes, the test sheet shall be signed by:
- The Contractor who completed the test.
- The Certifying Engineer or their Representative to certify that the test has passed all requirements.
- Council’s Representative as a witness to ensure that the test was undertaken correctly.
- If the test does not pass, the Engineer and Contractor shall investigate the reason/s for the failure, fix the problem/s and rearrange a new test.
IT-7.2.4 Testing of Butt Welds in Polyethylene Pipes
Please refer to IT-5.2.1 Testing of Butt Welds in Polyethylene Pipes.
IT-7.2.5 Testing of Electrofusion Welds in Polyethylene Pipes
Please refer to IT-5.2.2 Testing of Electrofusion Welds in Polyethylene Pipes.
Definitions in this section