In addition to development works that are undertaken by private sector Developers, Council also undertakes infrastructure development on behalf of its community. This type of infrastructure development is typically undertaken through a:
- Capital Works Project that may be:
- A reflection of a desired community outcome.
- Identified within Council's Long Term Plan (LTP) process.
- Identified by Council as an upgrade, replacement or renewal of significant assets.
- Significant in benefit and cost.
These projects are typically subject to an investigation and procurement process to define the outcome of the works and how to achieve it.
- Maintenance or Operational activity that:
- Is identified by the use of Council's existing infrastructure or assets.
- Will result in a beneficial addition, upgrade, replacement or renewal of an asset.
- May provide an operational and financial benefit for Council and the community during the use of the infrastructure.
Definitions in this section