The Materials Advisory Panel is an informal panel of experienced professionals that comprises the following:
- Manager: Asset and Infrastructure Planning.
- TCC and WBoPDC Council Asset Managers (appropriate to the asset/s affected by the material being applied for).
- The Materials Advisory Panel may also comprise the following:
- An independent industry expert (not connected in any way to the material, manufacturer, supplier or Council).
- Any other professional the Advisory Panel considers would assist in reviewing the application. (This professional may be a member of Council staff or be an external party. It is not envisaged that such a professional would be required very often).
The Materials Advisory Panel shall convene bi-annually or when a decision of extreme importance is required. This is likely to be a rare occurrence. This ensures a more streamlined and less expensive management process for the Council and applicants.
The Materials Advisory Panel is chaired by the Manager: Asset and Infrastructure Planning.
Definitions in this section