Valves shall be installed in the positions and to the detail shown on the approved drawings.
CS-10.2.1 Sluice Valves
For mains >50mm:
- Valves shall have a drip-tight seal upon closure and allow a full bore flow in the open position.
- Valves shall be flanged when laid next to another fitting (e.g. tees etc.). In line valves may be spigotted or socketed to take flexible joints (gibault or Z joint).
- All sluice valves 100mmØ and larger shall be strapped to a concrete anchor block.
- Valves shall have the same internal diameter as the main on which they are installed.
CS-10.2.2 Gate Valves
For mains <50mm:
- Valves on 50mmØ rider mains shall be clockwise closing gate valves as per
CS-10.2.3 Valve Boxes
- Valve boxes shall be constructed as per the approved drawings with the cast iron valve box set flush with the ground surface.
- The lid and concrete surround shall be painted white to NZTA M/7 Roadmarking Paints specification.
CS-10.2.4 Valve Indicator Posts
- The position of all valves on principal mains and rider mains shall be indicated by means of a concrete indicator posts as shown on the approved drawings.
Valve indicator posts shall be painted white to NZTA M/7 Roadmarking Paints specification.
Definitions in this section