The Contractor installing the reticulation and fittings shall be experienced in appropriate pipeline installation practices and methods in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
For polyethylene pipes the installation contractor shall be qualified in the following New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) unit standards for Butt and Electro fusion welding:
- NZQA 25610 refers to Demonstrating knowledge of operating welding equipment.
- NZQA 10980 refers to Electro Fusion Welding.
- NZQA 10987 refers to Butt Welding.
- Pipes shall be accurately laid to the lines, levels and gradients shown on the approved drawings.
- Pipes made of plastic materials shall be laid with product labelling uppermost in the trench and with the witness marks showing. The pipe spigot shall be at the downstream end.
Definitions in this section