Designs shall ensure that both natural and modified landforms meet the following criteria:
- Every parcel of land shall possess a nominated building platform suitable for the erection thereon of buildings / structures appropriate to its zoning.
- When applying for Resource Consent, each application shall provide Council with a Development Evaluation Report.
- Acceptable engineering and industry methods and standards shall be used when assessing, designing, constructing and certifying nominated building platforms and development works.
- Designs shall minimise, isolate or eliminate health and safety hazards during both its construction and its use. All landform or engineering designs shall include a Safety in Design section of the design report that demostrates health and safety hazards can be minimised, isolated or eliminated during construction and operation.
Suggest also referencing the following safety in design standard:
“AS/NZS ISO 31000:2009 – Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines"
- Design shall minimise, isolate or eliminate health and safety hazards during both its construction and its use.
- Design shall minimise, isolate or eliminate any adverse ecological and environmental effects.
- Development works are required to ensure the construction of safe building platforms and that any modified landforms are also safe. Conditions of consent will be imposed to ensure this occurs.
- The nominated building platform is deemed safe when certification has been received from either a Geo-Professional and / or a SQE Professional that the performance criteria DS-10.3 Performance Criteria have been met and that building consents for the nominated building platform can be issued without reference to s72 of the Building Act being required.
- When applying for final signoff (s224), each completed development shall provide Council with a Development Completion Report.
Definitions in this section
Development completion report
Development evaluation report