The Road Zone is the width of land between lot boundaries.
It includes above and below ground utility service corridors or locations for:
- Streetscape features such as ground surfacing, street furniture, trees etc.
- Transportation features such as carriageways, vehicle crossings, signs etc.
- Stormwater, wastewater and water supply features such as reticulation, connections, structures, fittings etc.
- Public lighting features such as streetlights, decorative lighting etc.
- Network utility features for power supply, telecommunications, gas reticulation, fittings etc.
- Other features such as boundary pegs and survey benchmarks.
- Events and public gatherings.
The safety of the people working on and around these utilities, the safety of the general public who use the Road Zone (for everyday use) and the protection of the utilities themselves are of immense importance when undertaking any work within the Road Zone.
Definitions in this section