The following shall also be considered as part of the design process:
- DS-3.5.1 Landscaping
- DS-3.5.2 Fencing
- DS-3.5.3 Historic Places Requirements
- DS-3.5.4 Easements
- DS-3.5.5 Incomplete Works Bond
The following shall apply:
- Generally the reserve shall be sown in grass where it is practical to be mown except where playgrounds or gardens are proposed.
- Any land that is too steep to be safely mown or is immediately adjacent to the riparian margin shall be planted in native plants, using plant species common to the area and appropriate to the location.
- For further information refer to DS-2 Streetscape Design Standards and CS-23 Grassing and Turfing and CS-24 Vegetation Planting and Gardens.
Drawing Ref: T320, T321
The permanent fencing of common boundaries of any reserve including esplanade and accessway reserves may be required as a condition of a Resource Consent or Development Works Approval.
Council may specify that one or more of the following options apply:
- A fencing covenant be registered against all titles of properties with a common boundary to reserve land, indemnifying Council against all costs for the construction and maintenance of fences on common boundaries.
- A fence be erected in accordance with the Standard Drawings.
- A fence be constructed in accordance with specific site details where these occur in the City Plan.
- Any proposal using minimum fencing standards that does not meet the IDC requirements will require clear justification and approval from Council for its use.
DS-3.5.3 Historic Places Requirements
All issues relating to Historic Places Act requirements shall be resolved before vesting in Council.
City Plan Performance Standard: Appendix 12E
Where services cross any reserve then easements shall be required.
For easement requirements, refer to:
- DS-1.22 Easements.
- DS-1.22.7 Easements: Reserves.
DS-188.8.131.52 Land Classification
It is important that reserve land is classed correctly. It is strongly advised that discussions are held with Council at an early stage of design to clarify reserve land classification.
DS-3.5.5 Incomplete Works Bond
Refer to ID-1.13 Bonds.
Definitions in this section
Development works approval