The following shall apply:
- Road marking and signs shall be detailed and installed in accordance with Council's Traffic Services Guidelines - Appendix II.
- Design drawings for carriageway marking and signs shall be prepared in accordance with the following documents:
- Manual of Traffic Signs and Markings (TNZ / LTSA) Part I and II Traffic Signs Edition 3:1995 (MOTSAM).
- NZTA – P12 Specifications for Pavement Markings; April 1994.
- Rural lane marking:
- For carriageways less than 5.5m wide no centreline is required.
- For carriageways less than 6.6m wide no edgelines or sealed shoulders are required.
- For various lane widths the dimensions outlined in DS-4.6 Table 7: Rural Road Lane Marking are required.
- Shall comply with the guidelines contained in Guidelines for Rural Roadmarking and Delineation RTS 5 (Road and Traffic Standards).
Table 7: Rural Road Lane Marking
|Traffic Lane Width (m)
Shoulder Width (m)
|Total Carriageway Width (m)
||0.3 to 0.5
||6.1 to 6.5
Definitions in this section