City Plan Performance Standard: Appendix 12A
- All new roads shall be provided with street lighting within Residential Zones, the Rural Residential Zone, Commercial Zones or Industry Zones.
- Street lighting shall be positioned at both ends of all pedestrian/cycle accessways where these are provided.
Designs shall provide for a public lighting system that:
- Complies with the operative City Plan and Infrastructure Development Code (IDC).
- Is designed to acceptable urban design, landscaping and engineering methods.
- Minimises, isolates or eliminates health and safety hazards during both its construction and its use.
- Minimises, isolates or eliminates any adverse ecological and environmental effects.
- Minimises light spill onto neighbouring properties and upward light e.g. sky glow.
Definitions in this section