The role of the Advisory Panel is to represent the sector of the community (primarily the development community) most affected by any substantive amendment of the IDC.
The Advisory Panel provides opinion/advice and recommendation to the Manager: Asset and Infrastructure Planning when a decision is to be made on whether any proposed substantive amendment to the IDC will or will not be made.
The Advisory Panel is chaired by the Manager: Asset and Infrastructure Planning or their delegate. Feedback will be sought from the Advisory Panel by way of electronic means in the first instance. However, where required, the Advisory Panel will meet to discuss any issue requiring more extensive review and discussion.
The Advisory Panel may comprise representative(s) from the following groups/entities:
- Infrastructure Services Group.
- Community and Environmental Services Group.
- Contractors Federation.
- Institute of Surveyors.
- Association of Consulting Engineers New Zealand.
- Property Developers Forum.
- Other professionals as deemed appropriate for the subject matter by the Manager: Asset and Infrastructure Planning.
Where specialist knowledge is required for a particular issue, specialists may also be included on the Advisory Panel.
Definitions in this section