Refer to the following information:
- IT-1 General Provisions for minimum requirements and applying for inspections/tests
- IT-1 Appendix A Inspection and Testing Summary and TCC/WBoPDC Hygiene Code of Practice for Water Supply Systems for the
- number of inspections required
- timing of inspections
- representatives at inspections
- TCC/WBoPDC Hygiene Code of Practice for Water Supply Systems Appendix A: Producer Statement Water System: Disinfection
IT-7.5.1 E. coli Sampling Procedure:
- Only once sufficient flushing and the typical FAC has been achieved, can E.coli sampling be undertaken. Once sampling has been completed, any sampling flows are to be turned off and the pipe must be kept full of water prior to connection to the live reticulation network.
- Sampling must be undertaken by a suitably trained person using suitably laboratory prepared bacteriological sampling bottles (containing sodium thiosulphate) and submitted for testing in accordance with an IANZ accredited testing laboratories requirements for E.coli testing. The samples are to be sent to an IANZ accredited laboratories to perform E.coli tests. If the testing shows the presence of any E.coli organisms, the disinfection process will need to be repeated.
- E.coli testing takes approximately 24 hours. Once a pipe has had a successful bacteriological test and the connection is approved by Council, the pipe must remain charged prior to connection to prevent contamination. The Council Representative will notify the Engineer that the testing has been successful and that the connection can be completed.
Definitions in this section