Council will only take ownership of landscaping assets that are of acceptable quality. These Bonds apply to subdivision and land use projects that are subject to a Resource Consent.
The purpose of the Maintenance Works Bond is to ensure that the landscaping features such as trees, gardens, grassing etc are monitored and maintained to an acceptable standard by the Bond Holder. This ensures that the assets are presented to Council in a condition where Council has confidence that they will survive for their expected lifespan.
The purpose of the Incomplete Works Bond is to ensure that any incomplete landscaping work is completed to an agreed timeframe and quality when unable to be reasonably completed before application for s224.
A typical example of this would be where planting of trees and gardens would fall outside of the planting season. This would not give Council enough confidence that the assets will survive so a bond to defer to the next planting season may result in a better outcome.
Application for these bond types shall be made on form B1 Bond Form.
QA-7.2.1 Bond Periods
The bond periods are:
- Maintenance Works Bond - A minimum of 12 months from the date of issue of the bond.
- Incomplete Works Bond - A minimum of 6 months from the date of issue of the bond.
If agreeable circumstances allow, the bond period may be lengthened or shortened upon agreement with Councils Team Leader: Parks Maintenance.
All applications for amending the length of a bond shall be made in writing and outline the reasons why the bond period needs to be altered. Where an extension is granted the extension will be for three months and will incur an additional escalation fee of 12.5% of the bond value and an additional bond processing fee.
QA-7.2.2 Bond Value
To calculate the bond values, please refer to:
- QA-7 Appendix A for calculation of the Landscaping: Maintenance Works Bond value.
- QA-7 Appendix B for calculation of the Landscaping: Incomplete Works Bond value.
All applications include a non-refundable fee for administration of the application. The administration fee value is listed within Councils Fees and Charges Manual and shall be added to the fees for s224.
QA-7.2.3 Maintenance Frequency
The applicant shall also provide information that details the type/s of maintenance that will be undertaken and the frequency that it will be undertaken.
The applicant shall provide:
- A complete application on B1 Bond Form confirming which Bond type is being applied for.
- A complete schedule of works and calculation on B2 Bond Form - Schedule of Works.
- A maintenance type / frequency statement.
- Copies of any pre-agreement correspondence with Council made prior to the application.
- Any other information requested by Council to assist with the processing of the bond. This could include but is not restricted to information such as quotes, species information, as-built costs (incomplete works).
All deliverables shall be provided to the Council Development Engineer assigned to the project.
Definitions in this section